|Type of post:||News|
|Posted By:||Dick Bushell|
|Date Posted:||Mon, 18 Feb 2019|
Just in case you missed the email I sent to all members in January, here is a recap…..
Feeling adventurous? Have you ever thought about having a crack at being an MC?
Well, there’s an opportunity for you right now to reveal your flair for public speaking and hone your compering skills. This year we are conducting an MC Program and all members are welcome to apply.
Application requirements are simple. All you need to do is make a video* of yourself ensuring you:
• introduce yourself, including your name, BHA Region, Club/Chorus and Quartet (if applicable)
• state whether you will be attending your local regional contest and the Convention in Hobart
• perform your best competition introduction of a quartet and chorus
• provide an account of why you joined Barbershop
• email your entry to Jen Howson at email@example.com
All entries must be received by 7th March (deadline extended by a week) to be considered for the program. You will receive confirmation of the entry and feedback after the 8th of March.
Selected participants in this years’ program will be chosen as MCs for your local regional contest and events. Feedback from your Judging panel and organisers will determine if you have the required skills to acquit yourself creditably on the national stage.
We are striving for the highest level of excellence in all aspects of our events and what better than to source the talents of our own membership to fill these requirements.
Looking forward to your contributions!
*make sure you have plenty of light and there’s minimal ambient noise
Richard Wadick - BHA VP Events